100% Online Master of Science in Nutrition and Wellness (MSNW)
Bring your potential to life.
Download a FREE Career Guide
To get yours and speak with a program manager about financial aid, complete the form below.
Note: All fields required.
1.5 – 2Years Completion
A One-of-a-Kind Program for an Emerging Career.
More is known now than ever about healthy lifestyles. While popular diets and celebrity workouts capture the public’s imagination, the real science behind nutrition and wellness gives you the building blocks for health. The online Master of Science in Nutrition and Wellness from Benedictine University is the only program of its kind. With this degree, you’ll understand the effect of cultural and environmental factors on health including the prevalence of obesity in the U.S.
Our program offers your choice of two concentrations: Health Education and Promotion; and Nutrition Entrepreneurship. Through this real-world health education experience, you’ll be prepared for a career that can have a positive, life-changing effect on your clients.
New students accepted into the online M.S. in Nutrition and Wellness program are eligible for Benedictine’s Graduate Merit Scholarship. The award recognizes students for their hard work and dedication by offering the last class of the program for free.*
When you make the choice to earn your online degree from Benedictine University, you choose to not compromise. Your career stays on track as you balance online classes with work and you graduate with enhanced skills and a degree from a prestigious and historic university. Compromise is not in our vocabulary…nor should it be in yours.
- BenU Ranked Among the Nation’s Top Schools According to 2021 U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges.1
- For the third consecutive year, Benedictine University earned the 2020-2021 gold award for being a Military Friendly School designation.2
- Benedictine University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Choose a Track for Specialization
The advanced online nutrition degree combines nutrition science and wellness programming in a single online program, allowing you to build on existing knowledge and retool for new career opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. This program offers two concentration tracks.
Aligned with competencies for health educators in community and other health care environments.
Provides flexibility by allowing you to select some of your electives in nutrition, business, or public health to best meet your professional and personal goals.
Engage with Your Education
With a focus on usability and design, our online learning framework–Engage Learning Management System (LMS)—is built according to industry best practices and is always improving. It’s easy to use, facilitates communication through live chat with faculty and classmates, and gives you an increased social presence.Request Info
Connect to Your Future
Learning online may not feel like a traditional college experience because it’s not. The curriculum mirrors that of an on-campus program and the professors are the same. But online learning gives you more say in how earning your degree fits into your already busy life. You determine how to balance your online program with work, family and other commitments. BenU gives you all the student support and career-related services you’d find on campus. Connecting to your future online may be the best choice for you.
A Curriculum That Builds Leaders
In this 33-credit program, you’ll study the role of functional foods and phytochemicals in health promotion and disease prevention. You’ll gain a masterful understanding of the role of nutrients in growth and development, including how properly calibrated nutrition can and prevent or lessen disease and conditions such as obesity.
The Demand for Nutrition Professionals Is Growing
As health care shifts its focus to disease prevention and wellness, the need is growing for qualified nutrition and wellness professionals to provide nutrition plans, programs and advice based on current scientific research. Forecasted employment growth from 2020–2030 shows an 11% increase for dietitians and nutritionists,3 an13% increase for exercise physiologists4 and a 5% increase for biochemists.5
2020 Median Pay
- Dietitian $63,0903
- Nutritionist $63,0903
- Exercise physiologist $50,2804
- Biochemist $94,2705
Download a FREE Career GuideRequest Info
Sources and Disclaimer
- “Best Colleges,” U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved on October 24, 2021, from https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/benedictine-college-10256.
- “Military Friendly Schools 2021–2022,” GIJobs.com. Retrieved on October 24, 2021, from https://www/GIJobs.com.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2020 Sept. 1). Dieticians and Nutritionists. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dietitians-and-nutritionists.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2020 Sept. 1). Exercise Physiologists. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/exercise-physiologists.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2020 Sept. 1). Biochemists and Biophysicists. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/biochemists-and-biophysicists.htm.
*Terms and conditions apply. The student must meet all scholarship eligibility criteria as stated on the Graduate Merit Scholarship Terms and Conditions. Tuition discounts cannot be combined as there are no dual discounts. Benedictine University reserves the right to approve or deny scholarships for any reason. Contact a Benedictine University Program Manager to learn more by filling out the form or calling 866-295-3104.
*Terms and conditions apply. The student must meet all scholarship eligibility criteria as stated on the Graduate Merit Scholarship Terms and Conditions. Tuition discounts cannot be combined as there are no dual discounts. Benedictine University reserves the right to approve or deny scholarships for any reason. Contact a Benedictine University Program Manager to learn more by filling out the form.